Xiaomi finally launched its next flagship after almost two years. The last one was the Xiaomi Mi 4 which was released in July 2014.
Hugo Barra had teased the new device when he said it was ready earlier this year.
My own Mi 5 just rolled off our production line today and… into my pocket. Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. So worth the wait 🙂
— Hugo Barra (@hbarra) January 6, 2016
Below are the major specs of the amazing device.
- Display: 5.15-inch full HD display, MIUI 7
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Fingerprint sensor on the front, NFC
- Processor: Snapdragon 820 processor (100 percent faster than the Snapdragon 810 and the GPU is 40 percent faster but consumes 50 percent less battery life)
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB (non-expandable)
- Battery: 3,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge
- 4G Capability: 4G+ — LTE Advanced — with speeds of up to 600mbps if the carrier supports it, as well as VoLTE (Voice over LTE)
- Weight: 129 grams
- Camera: 16-megapixel camera with a Sony IMX298 sensor with 4-axis OIS, 4-megapixel shooter for selfies.
Mi 5 will be available for ₦97600 NGN ($305 USD) while the Mi 5 Pro which is the version with 128GB of storage and the ceramic back is available for ₦132160 NGN ($413 USD).
It will be available in China on March 1, followed by India and then in selected markets around the world.
You might also like
More from Mobile Technology
In partnership with Google, Mara Corporation Limited (MC) is set to release the Mara X for the African market in the …