Xiaomi finally launched its next flagship after almost two years. The last one was the Xiaomi Mi 4 which was released in July 2014.
Hugo Barra had teased the new device when he said it was ready earlier this year.
My own Mi 5 just rolled off our production line today and… into my pocket. Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. So worth the wait 🙂
— Hugo Barra (@hbarra) January 6, 2016
Below are the major specs of the amazing device.
- Display: 5.15-inch full HD display, MIUI 7
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Fingerprint sensor on the front, NFC
- Processor: Snapdragon 820 processor (100 percent faster than the Snapdragon 810 and the GPU is 40 percent faster but consumes 50 percent less battery life)
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB (non-expandable)
- Battery: 3,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge
- 4G Capability: 4G+ — LTE Advanced — with speeds of up to 600mbps if the carrier supports it, as well as VoLTE (Voice over LTE)
- Weight: 129 grams
- Camera: 16-megapixel camera with a Sony IMX298 sensor with 4-axis OIS, 4-megapixel shooter for selfies.
Mi 5 will be available for ₦97600 NGN ($305 USD) while the Mi 5 Pro which is the version with 128GB of storage and the ceramic back is available for ₦132160 NGN ($413 USD).
It will be available in China on March 1, followed by India and then in selected markets around the world.