Fourteen AppsAfrica.com Award Winners were announced at the annual Awards party in Cape Town last night. Now in their fourth year, the Awards celebrate the best in African mobile and tech from both corporates and start-ups and this year attracted entries from 39 countries across the continent.
The Awards were supported by Uber, JET8, Syntonic, KaiOS, Africa Tech Summit Kigali and Mobile Monday South Africa (MOMO). Over 300 applications were assessed and judged by an independent panel of industry experts including media, investors, and leaders from the tech ecosystem.
AppsAfrica.com Awards Winners 2018:
The AppsAfrica.com Award Winners on the night were from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Ethiopia;
- Best EdTech Solution – Xander Educational Apps (South Africa)
- Best Enterprise Solution – Kobo360 (Nigeria)
- Social Impact Award – WeThinkCode (South Africa)
- Best African App – SafeBoda (Uganda)
- Disruptive Innovation Award – Nala (Tanzania)
- Best Fintech Solution – WhatsApp Chat Banking, Clickatell Transact(South Africa)
- Best HealthTech Solution – Baobab Circle, Afya Pap (Kenya)
- Best AgriTech Solution – Farmcrowdy (Nigeria)
- Best News & Entertainment Solution – Kukulu Game, Qene Technologies(Ethiopia)
- Best Blockchain Solution – Custos Media Technologies (South Africa)
- Best IoT Solution – HydroIQ (Kenya)
- Best Mobility Solution – Yego Innovision (Rwanda)
- Best mCommerce Solution – Travelstart for Flapp (South Africa)
- Changing Africa Award – Vanu (Rwanda)
Having picked up an Award, this year’s winners are invited to Africa Tech Summit in Kigali, February 13th to 15th, 2019 (www.africatechsummit.com/kigali), which connects over 400 corporations, start-ups and investors from across Africa for three days of learning, knowledge sharing and networking.
“This year we saw entries from over 39 countries including smaller markets such as Malawi, Sao Tome & Principe, Mauritania and Liberia which illustrates the rapid growth of African tech outside of the usual hotspots. Congratulations to all the finalists, winners and a special word of thanks to our expert judging panel, sponsors and supporting partners across Africa” shared Andrew Fassnidge, founder of AppsAfrica.com.