The Minstrels platform (Google play: http://bit.ly/MinstrelsApp and Apple store: http://bit.ly/MinstrelsApplink), powered by eTranzact, in collaboration with LifeTree Resources Inc and leading Nigerian gospel ministers, wants to disrupt the status quo and lead to the proliferation of gospel music in Nigeria, Africa and the World.
From Africa to Europe, Gospel music from Nigerian gospel ministers has filtered into churches, homes and schools via different unaccounted sources; illegal CDs, USB devices, monetized digital uploads by pirates with almost zero revenue coming back to the artistes who have invested time and effort in creating the content.
The Minstrels platform wants to eliminate the use of unconventional means of music distribution, tackling piracy and providing a multi-platform solution for consuming content, promoting gospel music and giving more control to how the gospel minstrels distribute their work.
The platform which has a website and mobile apps for Android and IOS Users was launched to the press at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos.
Nathaniel Bassey led a team of 16 other Minstrels including Frank Edwards, Sammie Okposo, Aity Dennis Inyang, Glowreeyah Braimah, Enitan Adaba, Victoria Orenze, Olumide Iyun, Nosa Omoregie, Obiora Obiwon, Eben, Joe Praize, Pat Uwaje-King, David Nkennor, Ese Mairo, Doris ‘Dumah and Wilson Joel to the press launch.
Backed by a world-class technology team, payment for content is powered by eTranzact’s BankIT, which allows users buy directly from their Bank accounts. BankIT TM powers airtime purchase directly from bank accounts on USSD, *444# , *805# and *695# on Airtel , Glo and Etisalat respectively and for DSTV users with over 1,000,000 customers using it to date.
The event hashtag #TheMinstrels, which trended on Twitter for 5 hours with over 2500 tweets as a campaign to get more Nigerians to listen to Gospel music, was also launched with all the Gospel musicians using the Minstrels logo as their profile pictures.
The Minstrels platform allows users to;
- Purchase, download and listen to spirit lifting music on the go.
- Enjoy exclusive releases from the Minstrels on the app
- Stream live music performances and get direct access to the Minstrels with special themed events and meet ups.
- Share and gift songs and albums to friends and family
- Create playlists for different occasions
- Chat with their favourite minstrels and send them messages
The platform allows Gospel Minstrels;
- Access to a cloud-based repository to store all their content- Audio, Video and other music formats
- Live stream events to a large audience.
- Monetize their content in one central location with prices set by them and revenue instantly tracked and remitted.
- Make personal connections with fans with Minstrel events and other opportunities.
You can view pictures, videos from Minstrels and other things from the Press Launch on the official Minstrels pages
For information concerning The Minstrels App please contact Adeyemi Opene, Head of Brand and Media, eTranzact- [email protected]/ 08037257569 and Senior PR Manager,eTranzact Ifeanyi Abraham –[email protected] / 234 8091774025
You might also like
More from Press
In partnership with Google, Mara Corporation Limited (MC) is set to release the Mara X for the African market in the …