AJA.LA Studios is proud to announce release of the Android version of its award-winning Yoruba language-learning app, SpeakYoruba, is now available to download in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. SpeakYoruba combines music and animations for a fun and easy way to learn Yoruba.
Animated flashcards in bright, fun colours for each letter of the Yoruba alphabet, and English/Yoruba pronunciation guides help users build a basic vocabulary. Language-learning games naturally encourage retention.
SpeakYoruba is part of AJA.LA Studios SpeakAfrica series of apps, aimed at promoting and preserving African languages.
Yoruba is spoken by more than 20 million speakers all over the world, and is one of Africa’s most widely spoken languages. The Yoruba diaspora extends to South America and the Caribbean. North America and Europe are home to a growing diaspora of Yoruba speakers
SpeakYoruba App Features
- 25 Animated flashcards and English/Yoruba pronunciation guides
- Language-learning games for spelling, translation, pronunciation, and a match-2 memory game
- Soundtrack by Nigerian high-life legend, Baba Ken Okulolo
- Pronunciation game features drumming by Richard Olatunde Baker
- Available in the Google Play and Apple App stores
SpeakYoruba has been designed for kids, but is perfect for anyone curious to learn an African language! Watch the trailer at http://vimeo.com/40088471.